Friday, December 12, 2014

Review! Archangel's Consort, Guild Hunter #3 by Nalini Singh


Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil… 

A vampire has attacked a girls’ school—the assault one of sheer, vicious madness—and it is only the first act. Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Raphael himself begins to show signs of an uncontrolled rage, as inexplicable storms darken the city skyline and the earth itself shudders. The omens are suddenly terrifyingly clear.

An ancient and malevolent immortal is rising. The violent winds whisper her name: Caliane. She has returned to reclaim her son, Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena, the consort who must be destroyed…

My review ...


Elena has survived another battle between archangels even if not unscathed and it’s now time for her to return to New York. 

It has been a year and many things have changed. She needs time to adjust but it’s not meant to be. The weather seems to have gone mad and all over the world people are suffering the aftereffects. 

Even her beloved city is hit. The vampires are breaking their contracts and start killing indiscriminately. Strange murders occur and there is no explanation for any of this. 

Her bond with Raphael is stronger now but still, there are moments when she fears she might lose him. He is centuries old and an archangel after all and she’s not an expert when it comes to relationships. 

Her memories are clearer now. She finally remembered everything but there are still things she’s not ready to deal with yet. 

But when Raphael starts to act strange and a vampire targets her family again, Elena decides it’s time to find answers. 

What they find out is exactly what Raphael feared. An Ancient, one of the sleeping archangels, is awakening. This archangel might be the one he thought will never see again. 

Together, Elena and Raphael will face another threat and their pasts, and together they’ll mend those wounds that have been open and bleeding in their souls for too long. 

Another 5 star read delivered to us by the talented Nalini Singh. And the adventure is not over yet. There are many more stories to be told so keep following. 

Happy Reading!


In The Series

 


I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted to buy my first book, Desert Warrior, it was a dream come true. I hope to continue living the dream until I keel over of old age on my keyboard.
I was born in Fiji and raised in New Zealand. I also spent three years living and working in Japan, during which time I took the chance to travel around Asia. I’m back in New Zealand now, but I’m always plotting new trips. If you’d like to see some of my travel snapshots, have a look at the Travel Diary page (updated every month).
So far, I've worked as a lawyer, a librarian, a candy factory general hand, a bank temp and an English teacher and not necessarily in that order. Some might call that inconsistency but I call it grist for the writer's mill.

Blog / Facebook / Twitter 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Si soarele e o stea

Bloguri, Bloggeri si Cititori