Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Review! Christmas Catch by Chelsea M. Cameron

 Christmas Catch is proud to be a part of 
The 12 NA's of Christmas
12 New Adult Novellas. 12 Best Selling Authors. November 2013.
Two years ago, when Ivy Emerson bailed from the tiny fishing village she’d grown up in to go to Columbia, Sawyer McCallister was the only thing she was sad to leave behind, and she still didn’t look back. But when her mother guilts her into coming home for Christmas, she crashes headfirst into Sawyer, who’s also returned after being away.

Now that they’ve both been dragged back to Saltwater, Maine, they might just realize it’s where they belong. Together.




My thoughts: This short and sweet read got me in the mood for Christmas! I've read it on a rainy evening and it brought me the wish for snow, decorated tree and cinnamon scented candles. That's something, because I don't usually like winter. 

I loved Chelsea's writing style ever since I've read Deeper We Fall and I try to keep up with her new releases as much as I can. She knows how to take advantage of her character's feelings and presents them in many different ways, so that in the end you'll feel like you know them better than you know yourself :)))

Christmas Catch didn't disappoint me at all. I have nothing to complain about it other than the fact that it's short and I didn't get enough. I enjoyed the family atmosphere, the characters and the love story but I would have loved to find out more about Sawyer and Ivy's past together.

Even if I did get Ivy's reason to leave the small town and look for a greater future, I can't agree with the fact that she didn't want to keep in touch with them. I don't want to over analyze it, though. I loved Sawyer and that's enough reason to recommend this novella.

Happy reading!





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Si soarele e o stea

Bloguri, Bloggeri si Cititori